Water Polo Canada Seeks Senior Women's National Team Coach
MONTREAL, Quebec -- Water Polo Canada (WPC) is seeking to fill the position of Head Coach for the Senior Women’s National Team Program.
The Women’s national team
program is based in Montreal. This is primarily a centralized
program with modifications based on timelines of the four year
Olympic cycle, budget
and competition schedule. All program cycles are based on four year Olympic cycles.
The successful candidate will be required to relocate to National Training Centre in Montreal. The intent is to provide a 4 year contract beginning September 1st, 2012
A Contractor Agreement between the Coach and the Association will be completed. The position may or may not be filled as determined by recommendation of the Committee.
The position will report to the respective Women’s High Performance Director of Water Polo Canada as part of the overall Water Polo Canada organizational structure.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience together with current participation in coaching education through the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) to the highest level available.
- Minimum requirement for National Team Coach positions
- Fully certified NCCP level 3 and enrolment in a NCI toward level 4/5 completion. Details regarding the NCCP certification can be found at www.coach.ca Foreign coach credential equivalences will be determined through the interview process.
- Possesses or attain a valid Canadian driver’s license and is able to operate a motor vehicle in foreign countries.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office technologies and written skills
- Ability, as needed to present internally or to partners such as Own The Podium, Sport Canada, Canadian Sport Agencies, proficiency in MS Powerpoint.
- Liaise with the Canadian Sport Centres/Institutes as needed.
- Ability to pass a valid Canadian criminal background check as required by Water Polo Canada
- Ability to receive a valid working permit as per the rules of Immigration Canada (for foreign applicants)
- Adhere to the Water Polo Canada Code of Conduct and other related agencies as required by WPC
- Must be a registered member in good standing with the Coaches of Canada (www.coachesofcanada.com)
- Strong knowledge of planning and prioritization, practice management, tactical water polo and the competitive environment
- Strong understanding of FINA Water Polo
- Management of assistant coaches, support, medical and scientific staff
- Recent international competition coaching experience
Other qualifications that, while not mandatory, would be a definite asset:
- Fluent in both official languages
The primary objective of the position is the attainment of the best possible results for the Senior Women’s National Team through participation in international competitions, FINA/UANA events and the Olympic Games.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieving top level and podium results on a consistent basis at the Pan American Games, UANA & FINA Events and International Competitions
- The preparation of short and longâterm plans for the team as a whole. The coach will be responsible for all team decisions within the rules of WPC.
- Establishing goals and objectives for team and individual training and competitions
- The preparation and recommendation of a detailed annual team and individual plan to be used in the entire HP plan subject to budget parameters
- Working with other team coaches and managers on program alignment
- Daily practice management and coaching
- Monitoring National Team athletes, plans and activities
- Collaborating with the High Performance Director, amongst other things, the refinement
- of athlete selection criteria and other criteria relevant to the High Performance Plan
- Development of submission of the Sr. Women’s Athlete depth chart
- Assisting office staff with administrative requirements for Canadian sport agencies such as Sport Canada whenever required
- Making recommendations regarding development opportunities for assistant coach(s) and staff development
- From timeâtoâtime, representing Water Polo Canada to agencies of the Canadian sports system and the community at large.
- Assisting with the preparation of Athlete Assistance Program (AAP) submissions to Sport Canada on behalf of eligible athletes as appropriate
- Other technical and administrative duties as may be required for the effective operation of the High Performance Program
- Adhere to all required codes such as the WADA Code.
The assignment of responsibility for these specific tasks to the coach will include the authority required to carry them out within budget parameters subject to the policies and procedures of Water Polo Canada. The coach does not have the authority to enter into any contract on behalf of the association.
The National Team Coach will contact the High Performance Director on program and policy matters.
This is a paid position and remuneration will be provided based on experience and budget parameters. Approved expenses incurred during the commission of National Team Coach duties will be compensated by WPC within established guidelines.
Interested applicants must submit their information for consideration to the Executive Director no later than Friday June 22, 2012 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Polo Canada reserves the right to keep the selection process open and amend timelines as needed.
- Candidates will be selected for interviews by a Water Polo Canada Adhoc Hiring Committee. Not all applicants will be granted interviews.
- The Committee will be comprised of the Executive Director, the Men’s & Women’s High Performance Directors, Members of the Board of WPC. As part of the interview process
- WPC may seek experts from external agencies to assist.
- Selected candidate will be interviewed by conference call or onsite in Canada.
- Candidates selected for onsite interviews will be provided travel and expenses by Water Polo Canada
- Candidates selected for an interview will be sent a questionnaire to be completed, prior to interviews candidate will also be provided additional information.
â¡ Cover letter
â¡ Detailed Resume
â¡ NCCP number or Copy of Foreign Coaching Credentials
â¡ Letter of recommendations, must include previous or current employers with full contact information. References may be contacted through the evaluation process.
â¡ Describe your salary expectations. Please note that Water Polo Canada’s official currency is Canadian Dollar.
Please submit all the above in pdf or doc format to email@example.com