2013 Men's Referee Availability Form - Varsity & Club
The 2013 Spring Referee Availability Form for varsity and club competition is now online. It is extremely important that officials follow the new instructions for completing the form in order for their submission to be recorded properly. The referee availability form is DUE NO LATER than Thursday, January 3, 2013 if a referee wants to be considered for league assignments.
Please review the following instructions before completing the availability form:
1) When completing your availability form it is imperative that you include your full last name, first initial and preference number for each event on THAT DATE you select for each weekend. Example, John Smith's first choice for a particular weekend should be listed as "Smith, J 1" and his second choice as "Smith, J 2" in the space provided after the event. If he is only selecting one event on a weekend it should still be listed as "Smith, J 1" in the space provided after that event.
2) Referees should include their alma mater, as well as listing any family members (coaches or student-athletes) currently competing at a CWPA institution in water polo.
3) If selecting a varsity event, make yourself available to officiate at least one club event. Referees that have been selected in the past for the CWPA Eastern Championships should select at least on club event with the idea in mind of mentoring and evaluating for which you will be compensated (same as game fees).
4) Any referee planning to work a CWPA league event must first pass the NCAA Rules Test prior to the start of the season. The new NCAA test is available and can be found on this web site. When you have successfully completed the test please copy your score and email Ed Reed at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If you successfully took the test in the fall of 2012 you are good to go. However, if you still need a successful test score, assignments can not be made until you pass the test.
5) All CWPA officials that wish to be considered for nomination to officiate at the NCAA Championships by the CWPA Technical Committee must be selected and referee one of the varsity division championships and the CWPA Eastern Championship. In order to be considered for selection to the varsity division championships a referee must make him/herself available to officiate at least one varsity game and one club tournament. Selections are based, in no particular order or value, on game evaluations/experience, coaches' evaluations and recommendations of the CWPA Technical Committee.
Deadline for Availability Form: Thursday, January 3, 2013 at the end of the business day
If you have any questions, contact the league office at 610-277-6787 or Coordinator of Officials, Ed Reed (205-233-1826) at email@example.com. Otherwise, use the following link to access the on-line referee availability form: